From this amazing post A Complete List of 100 Attributes of People Who Start Companies
- Don’t allow criticism of ideas;
- Quantity over quality;
- Encourage wild, even dumb ideas; and
- Hitchhike on others’ ideas.
- Have fun, laugh a lot;
- Stay on topic;
- Realize that some people will not be comfortable speaking out;
- Acknowledge people’s ideas verbally and by their name;
- Brainstorm alone, first;
- Do not dominate the session yourself, talk less;
- it’s a real skill to facilitate a good brainstorming session, learn by practicing;
- Not all brainstorming sessions are called that, most just happen;
- Think about the five senses constantly and how they impact the topic;
- Be one of the first to present a really terrible, stupid idea, then laugh about it;
- Don’t give any rewards or bonuses for good ideas–it will stifle future sessions.