Inspired by “The Back of the Napkin” visual thinking model, I was trying to describe what we (are trying to) do, in a single diagram. I came up with this:
Here are a few questions to think about:
- How do you find relevant sources of information?
- How do you track it consistently?
- How do you filter through the noise and produce useful information streams for different groups in your company?
- How do you extract useful entities (company names, products, leads, projects, jobs) from this stream?
- How do you aggregate it, share it with different groups inside and outside the company like colleagues, customers, partners?
- In short, how do you turn the information torrents into actionable intelligence – Marketing Intelligence, Sales Intelligence, Competitor Intelligence, Industry Intelligence?
We are a building some of these. But I am always interested in finding out what others do.