Here is from a recent tweet of mine.
Seth Godin and Tom Peters on why blogging matters to any professional. http://bit.ly/9ZBx4v via @ducttape
Here are some reasons why I blog:
- It is a great thinking tool. I think it has something to do with sitting down and writing. Some times, I just pick a link or video or tweet and think aloud.
- It is a great way to start conversations. You find something interesting (to you) in a blog and you can add your point of view.
- It is a great way to invite others to teach you. Some times I get more out of the comments of my blog than the act of writing it. People are generally generous with sharing ideas and information.
- If you blog enough, it will tell the world who you are, what interests you have and which areas you have ideas to contribute. They say that you can judge a man by his friends. If you blog, it is a great way for others to find out about you.
- It is the best branding tool you can think of. Reading a set of company blogs, you get a sense of what the company is about. When a product manager blogs, you get a peek at what is going on behind the scenes. Even in personal blogs, I am amazed at how much a personality shows through.
- It is a nice way to form an informal community. You form these bonds based on common interests.
To me blogging is therapeutic. When I get to do it, it makes me feel good.