What is the future of programming languages?
- Is it functional?
- Is it declarative or rule based?
- Is it a mixture of functional and object oriented?
- Do we need a special language that supports parallelism and multi-core?
- Do we need an end to end web development language?
- Do we need something that seamlessly supports the major abstractions in cloud computing?
- Can JVM/CLR scale to multi-core since many languages are being built on top of them?
A power panel of language designers, authors share their opinions: