I really loved being there because:
- You meet and get to know some really cool people (Sharad, Avinash, Mukund, MR were just a few cool people I met at these events first). There is a bigger list but this will give you some idea of what I am talking about)
- The quality of conversations is one of the best in the industry. I have been to several conferences in US and India. This one beats them all.
- You get to hear some outstanding plenary sessions (Guy Kawasaki, Vinod Khosla in the past Neil Patel this year)
- There is a strong sense of community and a great feeling that you are among some of the smartest entrepreneurs in the country.
- It is a place where I love to experiment. The Unconference sessions were one such experiment. I really enjoyed them. I was thrilled to the core when some people showed up in all 4 of them. I was thrilled even more when I heard a few comment “we come here because we can discuss our problems”.
- If you volunteer for the event (hint, hint) you get to rub shoulders with some of the most dedicated and successful people who are interested in growing the product eco-system. And you get to wear a cool T-shirt that says that “I Put This Together”.
- Every one seems so approachable and helpful. This is something I heard over and over again from many of the participants.
I can make a bigger list, but you get the drift.