This keynote video by Tim O’Reilly is worth watching. I am a big fan of Tim and strongly believe that we need to “work on stuff that matters”.
My notes from this video. You will get a feel for what he was talking about.
- Capital does not create jobs. Customers do.
- We all do better when we all do better (a quote from the book – Gardens of Democracy)
- Create more value than you capture
- Create value, not extract it
- There is an intrinsic value in creating something for the sake of creating
- Work on stuff that matters (from his earlier talks)
Tim talks about Gift Economy, Creative Economy, Sharing Economy, Gift Culture, Open source and the effect of these movements on people, businesses and economies.