I am often amazed by ideas, points of view, new insights, writings and innovations that others come up with. I keep asking myself, “why did I not think of that”?
So I did a little thinking and came up with this preliminary list:
- Do I see what most of the others miss?
- If I do, do I observe it to learn more?
- Do I reflect about my observations?
- Do I form hypotheses based on my observations?
- Do I look for evidence to prove or disprove my hypotheses?
- Do I share it with others and get other points of view?
- Do I write about my theories and see whether it evokes any interest?
- Do I think about the future (not just mine) of everything I use everyday?
If I do, how often do I do it? What about you?