I keep talking to lots of students and have some ideas on how we (at educational institutions and community) can help them. Here are some thoughts.
- Encourage curiosity. Curious kids learn a lot more.
- Help them explore. Give them broad exposure and have them explore on their own. Exploration helps satisfy their curiosity.
- Help them become self-learners.Teaching them how to learn is more challenging since you need to customize it for different learning styles.
- Encourage them to be creative. When they come up with ideas, help them work through ideas .
- Help them increase their confidence. I have seen lots of students very capable, but do not venture into trying out new things because they do not have the confidence.
There may be lots of ways we can help. I just picked a few. Let me know your thoughts.
Edit 1st Aug 2014
Will start collecting articles on the “Purpose of Education” and list them here.
What Is The Purpose Of Education? http://onforb.es/1oWBAoB